By Joseph Muraya
Nairobi — Maendeleo ya Wanaume Chairman Nderitu Njoka has defended his calls for men in the country to boycott sex, saying it's meant to create awareness about torture men are facing from women.
He says approximately 1.2 million men in Kenya are abused physically by their wives, "with 350 having their manhood chopped off."
Speaking to Capital FM News, Njoka appealed to men countrywide to join his cause in speaking for their rights saying so far the sex boycott is successful.
"We cannot mix water and prayers... when we talk about prayers, we cannot engage in sex so that God can listen to us," he stated.
"We are praying for our families... some women should stop sabotaging our cause."
He said men were increasingly facing physical and economical violence in the country but feared to speak about it in public.
"No one talks about the challenges that men are going through and that's our main objective," he stated.
On the recent police killings in Kapedo , Njoka said women also need to be involved in security operations in the country claiming only men were being involved.
"That's why we have so many challenges in our security sector in the country," he stated.
Njoka is known for making radical statements in the name of agitating for men's rights in the country.
On October 18, last year, Njoka said naked statues in the country should either be clothed or demolished.
He argued that naked statue of either men or women are an infringement of human rights and disrespect to the sanctity of human life.
Njoka cited the Supreme Court statue depicting a stark naked boy holding fish in a fountain of water at the entrance of the court.
"Speaking as the chairman of men's organisation all over the world I urge the government to act on this matter so as to help fight these human rights violation in both genders," he said.
"The statues are reflection of injustices that are direct violations of international charter of human rights and dignity of human life either living, in spirit or dead."